The St John’s Co-Cathedral, Malta’s one of the most historical buildings, has been treated with HYPERDESMO system.
Its roof has been waterproofed, many years ago, with bitumen membranes which have been aged and leakages have appeared.
ALCHIMICA’s bitumen membrane refurbishment and protection system based on HYPERDESMO has been applied over existing bitumen membrane to solve the leakages problem and renovate the building’s waterproofing for many years to come.
The application method consisted to:
- Good clean of the surface
- Local repair of the bitumen membranes with HYPERDESMO-PB-1K
- Primer application with MICROSEALER-50
- HYPERDESMO-Classic applied reinforced with GEOTEXTLE-50
- For solar reflectance HYPERDESMO-Classic in white color has been chosen for the final coat.
For more details read attached case study.